Thursday, September 08, 2005

Hat's off to Walatoola Farm !

I think it is time to tell the story of my friends at Walatoola Farm in Bath County, VA.  One of the great joys of this growing season has been watching my friends Mike and Jim’s weekly progress in this their first year with a garden.  They monitor me here on my weblog and I monitor them via weekly farm reports sent to me by Jim.  These farm reports are a great joy and include a PowerPoint slide show.  Despite the miles that separate us this summer, I’ve never felt closer to these friends than I have this summer.  

Where I have pretty much consumed as I harvested, they have done a splendid job of preserving their harvest both on the shelf and in the freezer. Their season of hard work and adventure was paid off last weekend at the Highland County Fair where they took ribbons too numerous to mention (but the photographic record can speak for itself.)

I raise my digging fork to you, my friends.  Congratulations !

No comments: