Saturday, August 11, 2007

One Local Summer Week #7

Lobster is a celebration meal in our house. I remember the night we landed on the moon, my mother ordered up lobsters and we were sucking the meat out of the lobster legs as Neil Armstrong took his "one small step" our "one giant leap."

So this week my son came home from a year in Bangkok and we decided to celebrate with lobster. How lucky am I that lobster falls within a 10 mile radius of where I live? I always take the lobster pot with me to the fish market and after the lobsters are purchased we dip the pot in the ocean and then gather rockweed from the jetty. The lobster cooked in seawater is sublime.

For appetizers we had blue fish pate and a bowl of steamer clams.

The corn was from Morning Glory Farm ... picked that morning ... and the tomatoes were from the garden. This is high summer indeed.