Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Oh Woe is Me!!

How long does it take to make a recipe that you find interesting? Try : a year and counting? Last year I ran into this sweet recipe at La Tartine Gourmande. It is a luscious looking concoction of crab and kiwi and pomegranate. I set out to make it last fall and then realized I did not have any Piment d'Espelette ... nor could I find any. So one of my missions while I was in Paris last spring was to find some ... which I did. But alas, by then pomegranates were out of season.

So yesterday I roamed around Whole Foods gathering the ingredients in my basket. Then this morning as I looked at the recipe once again I sadly realized that the Piment d'Espelette is living on the spice rack back in New England. Grrrrrrrr.

I'm going to do it anyway, but I swear ... what an ordeal!! Anyway, go take a look around Bea's blog. It is pretty spectacular.

No comments: