Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Spreading the word about garden blogs

Had Judith not commented that she had seen the article in one of her comments I would still be scratching my head about the sudden spike in readership. The article to which I am referring is an article on garden blogs in this month's issue of Garden Design in which this blog was reviewed.

When I first started dreams and bones it was simply a way of keeping my own diary and of being able to say to friends, "if you care about what's going on in the garden, you can look here, but I'm not going to burden you in an email or a letter." Then I wondered, do others keep blogs about their gardens (silly rabbit) and that brought me to Sheila's good work at the Providence Journal. From those links I met gardeners that I have come to think of as friends. And it is always refreshing to return to Sheila's list and find new bloggers. It was the links in other people's blogs that got me seeing just how wide this world is. And when Old Roses started Garden Voices the world seemed infinite.

When a magazine lists blogs they like, it opens the blogosphere of gardening up to a different readership. So if you came here because you read about this blog in Garden Design, welcome. Be sure to read the archives, be sure to link to the others I have listed and please, be sure to come back again when the earth is warm and the garden is inspiring more posts.

And, one more sure fire way for us to learn about each others' blogs is for you to leave a comment. Please do that. I'd love to learn about you and your garden.

4 comments:

Gotta Garden said...

Congrats on hitting the big time! I'll have to go check out this issue and see what's what (and what blogs I've been missing!).

Anonymous said...

Had a restless "check on Leslie" feeling- and here you are with new posts! Fortunately we have reservations at L'Auberge Chez Francios for Sunday (birthday 39 and holding for Jennifer) as I'm SO HUNGRY after reading your Paris blog! Perhaps you are traveling with Untours- great company. Remember Griffin & Sabine by Nick Bantock which is a mysterious collection of letters you open? Much like your blog.Hugs, Brenda

Leslie said...

Dear Brenda, so glad you are reading here. Please use the Profile function to send me an email so that we can be in touch.

And I CANNOT BELIEVE that you have provided a ready answer (always the resource teacher) to a question I had just yesterday as I struggled to remember the name of the Griffin and Sabine books. Many thanks and be in touch.

kathy said...

I'll have to look for a copy of the magazine, too. Though I did see the article posted online somewhere recently (maybe Voices). Its real exciting to have a blog I've read written up in a nice magazine. Congrats!