Monday, January 02, 2006

The New Year

It’s been a gentle journey south. The gifts we exchanged with Mike and Jim at Walatoola were almost all garden related. The most precious of them was a lovely quartz pendant they had made from a piece of quartz they had uncovered when they were digging the garden this past spring. (a picture will come soon.) We awoke to a frosty 12 degree morning and headed on to Chattanooga, TN to spend Christmas with the folks.

I am starting the New Year amid the lush vegetation of North Central Florida. Somehow it doesn’t seem fair. It was 79 today. But I am using it as a learning experience. I am starting with palm trees. Each morning as my sister-in-law and I take our morning walk I point to palm trees and identify them. It’s coming slowly. Here’s what I’ve learned so far.

No comments: