Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Our Final Stop

We rounded out our Southern Sleigh Ride, with a stop to visit my in-laws, who celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary last August, in Signal Mountain, TN. Should you ever find yourself in the Chattanooga area, I can highly recommend the Old Towne Bed and Breakfast. I have spent a good part of this journey waxing poetic about things southern ... just let me say, this B&B hits all the high notes of hospitality, comfort and flavor. Earl's breakfasts are WONDERFUL, and we had our breakfast served just outside our room on at a table for two.From there we were off to Bath County, VA to enjoy the riches of the Virginia countryside along the banks of the Cowpasture River. I t has become something of a winter tradition to bring out the Highland County leg of lamb for the event. It was as local a meal as you could imagine in the dead of winter that included some parsnips from the Walatoola garden.

No comments: