Saturday, September 04, 2010

Keeping up with the tomatoes: 174 Pounds and counting



One hundred and seventy-four pounds of tomatoes is a lot of tomatoes. BUT is is not TOO MANY tomatoes. ... not yet anyway. So what's a girl to do? I have sauced, and, of course, I have sliced. I have made tomato juice for the winter. I have dehydrated, and I have slow roasted. I have even quartered and frozen them.

But the other day I thought, I want tomato juice now!!! So I got out the old juicer and filled jars with fresh tomato juice ... oh so good !!! I have it with breakfast and instead of iced tea at lunch. And there is the lure of the evening cocktail made with fresh tomato juice.
the pre-hurricane harvest

1 comment:

Maria Mcclain said...

Hi Leslie, tomatoes looks too yummy & delicious also your blog is too outstanding and eye catching, you should u submit it for free in this website for advertising and marketing.