Saturday, September 04, 2010

The Salad Box

Last Spring I was inspired by Thomas's entry about building a Salad Box. I have never been very good at growing greens. It is windy out here and I seem not to keep them watered as I should. Then for my birthday in June I got a Gardener's Supply Salad Grow Bag. It is the same principle as the Garden Box, AND the wicking mats in the water trays insure a steady supply of water for the greens.Well I am VERY pleased with the results. I love micro greens but always find myself throwing away much of the bags I buy from local vendors. This harvest seems to come in at just the right pace. I planted my second bag today.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

I'm glad it worked out for you Leslie! Unfortunately, my salad box didn't work as well for me. I think it had to with potting medium that I used; it didn't have nearly enough organic matter. Maybe I'll try again this fall.