Wednesday, August 13, 2008

OLS Week #11

While I probably ate more local food for the week as a total last week, I never did get around to posting a fully local meal. THIS week I am relying on a Greek dish made with zucchini, local eggs and onions from the garden. We are all looking for good zucchini solutions this time of year. In addition to this weeks Greek offering and the ones I have listed from past years, here is a new recipe that I served last week that was well received as a backyard appetizer when sliced into bite size pieces.

Zucchini Appetizer

4 C grated zucchini
1 C Bisquick
4 eggs
1/2 C parmesan ( or more)
1/4 C oil
*1/2 t oregano or Italian seasoning
Salt and Pepper
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 C finely chopped onion
2 T parsley

Mix all the ingredients EXCEPT the zucchini and parsley. Add at the end mixing thoroughly.

Bake at 375 for 25 minutes minimum in a 9x12 lasagna pan.

No comments: